Looking to escape the snow, slush, and less-than-favorable temperatures? Travel Savvy and Miss Travel Guru have teamed up to bring you our favorite vacation destinations to escape the winter cold and soak up some sun!
- Everyone calls South Florida the 'sixth borough of New York City' because of the steady stream of airplanes that touchdown at FLL or MIA all winter long. Miami’s booming hospitality and art deco scenes have attracted some seriously amazing luxury hotels and resorts, including the 1 Hotel South Beach (a favorite of locals and tourists alike) and the Faena Hotel Miami Beach (boasting a Damien Hirst sculpture and Top Chef Paul Qui’s new restaurant Pao).
- For a more adventurous destination, we recommend Nicaragua. Enjoy activities like surfing, paddleboarding, hiking, fishing and more, and you'll fall in love with the peaceful beaches, breathtaking wildlife, and ample hotels and airbnbs to choose from. Unsullied by mass tourism, this colorful Central American republic is dry and sunny from December to April, and offers beach downtime on both Pacific and Caribbean coasts.
- The British Virgin Islands offer some of the best private island paradise resorts. We love Scrub Island and Cooper Island - remote private islands known for their full-service relations and eco-friendly vibes. Whether you’re looking to sail, hike, paddle board, or drink at the locally-famous Rum Bar and Soggy Dollar Bar, this destination will, without a doubt, satisfy everyone in your group.
- Why not head South of the border to Mexico? We love Tulum, where you can relax on the beach or swim in gorgeous emerald green cenotes, which are hidden pools of natural ground water that are all over this part of the Yucatan. If you’re looking for something even more luxurious, checkout Karisma’s Overwater Bungalows, located on Riviera Maya, where azure blue waters meet the gorgeous shoreline of Maroma Beach (voted by the Travel Channel as one of the top 10 beaches in the world.)
- The Dominican Republic is blessed with sunshine year-round, a Latin party atmosphere, and a truly breathtaking coastline. Families with kids will love the Nickelodeon Hotel & Resort Punta Cana, a new gorgeous all-inclusive beach resorts which literally has something for every age.