Travel Savvy Editor-in-Chief Paula Keung takes you to her favorite restaurants in downtown Manhattan for pizza, espresso, and all things Italian food!
- Il Buco Alimentari e Vineria is the perfect place to grab a casual bite before shopping for your favorite Italian food staples. Grab an espresso from their cafe before browsing their market's selection of fresh focaccia and prosciutto.
- From the chef's famous spaghetti pomodoro to squid ink campanelle, Bar Primi offers a menu that can please anyone. As the brainchild of Chef Andrew Carmellini, Bar Primi boasts both a floor lounge and upstairs seated dining to accompany it's homemade pasta selections.
- If you're still craving Italian, look no further than Lavagna Trattoria. Set in the heart of the East Village, Lavagna's traditional decor, extensive wine list, and fresh pappardelle will transport you overseas.
- Want to take your friends someplace they've never been before? Head to Aurora Soho, where locals can't get enough of their fritto misto and artisinal pastas.
- Traditional Italian pizza lovers have been flocking to reknown Chef Mario Batali's restaurant, the OTTO Pizzeria. With such pie selections as Margherita, Cacio e Pepe and Quattro Formaggi, there's bound to be a pizza for your particular taste. Located across from Washington Square Park, OTTO's house-cured meats and colorful decor makes for a great date or family dinner.