Single and ready to mingle? Don't limit yourself to your hometown.
The team at Travel Savvy has rounded up the best travel dating mobile apps, tips and tricks out there for anyone looking for find love on the road.
- If you haven't been living under a rock, you've probably heard of apps like AirBnB and HotelTonight, which let travelers book accommodations at any price level. But if you're headed to Asia, you're best bet is Travel Mob, which is currently dominating the accommodations market in destinations like Thailand, Vietnam and Singapore. With just a click of a few buttons, you can book a privately-owned villa or condo in minutes.
- Headed to India? Try OYORooms, India's largest accommodation network, which allows guests to book both hotel rooms and private vacation rentals across 178 cities across the country.
- Before you land, be sure to download the travel daing app Tripr, which matches you with potential dates based on your destination. As the app says, "plan who you'll cross paths with" by finding friends, dates, and travel advice specific to your vacation.
- Want to meet more cute locals before you catch your flight? Take the plunge and invest in Tinder Plus or Passport services, which allows users to change their location and find matches in cities across the globe.
- Once you've found your travel buddy, use the app Likeways to navigate your way through foreign cities. Unlike usual app mapping algorithms, Likeways is built on an intuitive mapping system that suggests interesting stops along the way. Whether you're looking for a cafe to have a "spontaneous" coffee, or if your just looking for some shopping and boutiques as you head back to the hotel, this app has you covered.
- If you're traveling by land, look no further than Megabus, currently celebrating their 10th anniversary by planting ten thousand trees along their routes. In a recent study of Megabus.com customers, the company learned that traveling 100% solo is the #1 way their customers travel. Once on board, Tinder on your trip, or just turn to your seat mate -- you never know when you'll find a match!